All of our scented candles are lovingly hand-poured in Dubai. To keep them looking and smelling their best, follow these simple steps.
- The first time you burn your Silsal candle, allow it to burn for at least two hours, or until the whole top layer of wax has melted - this will help your candle burn more evenly in the future.
- Before each new burn, trim your wick to 4-6mm. This encourages an even, steady flame and limits sooting.
- Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts, fans and air currents, which can cause rapid or uneven burning.
- Extinguish the flame using a snuffer, then centre and straighten the wick. Remove wick trimmings and matches, as any debris can act as a secondary wick, encouraging your candle to burn faster.
- Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
- Always stop burning your candle when there is approximately 10mm of wax left in the vessel.
Once your candle is finished, clean out the remaining wax and give your vessel a second life. First, place the candle in the freezer for a couple of hours. Once frozen, the wax will pop out. Gently scrape off any remaining wax and clean with warm soapy water.